Monday, March 21, 2011

Two Cats, IBIS and LEE MARIE framed by our typical winter sunset

Photo by: Mary and Jim DuGranrut

 Many thanks to the DuGranrut's for sending us this picture of  IBIS and LEE MARIE enjoying the last moments of this sunset. With our visit to the Keys (six months) winding down each sunset on the Florida Bay has more meaning. When I get back to NJ, all my sunsets are over land; I guess that the sunrise over the Atlantic will have to suffice. Looking forward to getting back to LEE MARIE'S home port on the Barnegat, next to one of my favorite haunts since 1958, Beaton Boat Works. Ah yes, it seems like yesterday that I showed up at Beaton's, purchasing my first Sneak Box, Pop Beaton's second effort called SHADOW.Since then, I have owned several sailboats, all of which have been kept either at Beaton's or next door at Mike Lee's. This year marks my fifty third year either at Beaton's or Mike Lee's.
Yikes!

2 comments: