Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pictures in the Nook.

After receiving a request to provide some information on the pictures in my Tiny House ,  here is some background information to explain.


My first "Puffin", a Marshall Sanderling, 1970. Leaving the Harbor.

While beach combing in the 70's, I came across this glove nestled in a bed of sea shells.

A Christmas card from one of my co-workers, he was an Art teacher and this was his way of sending Seasons Greetings. The subject was a beach scene from near his home along the Shore.

One of my Japanese, Artist friends did this ink drawing for me. The subject, a traditional Japanese fishing boat.

This is the house and property where I grew up, in a tiny seacoast town of Sea Girt, NJ. My father built this when he came back from a tour in the South Pacific, United States Navy Chief Petty Officer, Sea Bees.

A picture of another tiny house I found in a thrift store, it gave me some inspiration for my project.

The town of Sea Girt, one square mile, on the Atlantic, this was my favorite beach as a kid growing up.

My first attempt at a carving a half model.

Half model # 2

One of my better efforts, models usually face left to right, I did mine facing right to left.

Custom Built by Charles Best

To take the edge off a cool day or evening.

Our Futon, serves as a sofa during the day and a sleeping surface at night, very comfortable.

A clock given to me from my athletes during my coaching days.

2 comments:

  1. A great little cottage. You did a really nice job, Charley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for satisfying our curiosity. Again, beautiful job well done and tastefully decorated. :)

    ReplyDelete