Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Successful Afternoon Of Fishing With Family

Yesterday, Frannie and I loaded up the car with fishing gear and drove down to Marmora, NJ where my niece Cory and her husband live. The plan was to go fishing and then go out to dinner afterwards, Our plans changed, however, because we had great luck in catching Fluke.

With everyone officially registered with NJ DEP, we set out to do some Fluke fishing, this year the legal size for this species of fish is 18", so in typical fashion, it is not unusual to have to catch many undersized fish before you happen onto the larger variety. Today was no exception we caught a total of twenty fish but only ended up with three keeper's, not a bad average considering that most of the fish were in the 16 - to 17" range, just a little short to be put in the fish box.

When we arrived back at my Nice's house, I cleaned the fish, Scott washed the boat and Cory went to Shop Rite for some corn and a few other items to make a fine meal, which included, rice, string beans, corn on the cob, fresh Fluke and some much appreciated wine. Believe me,  I whined and wined!

Everyone caught fish, except me, I was suffering from a back problem that afflicted me not long after we shoved off from the dock; I think I twisted my back netting the first fish. Back spasms and a rocking boat do not make for a fun time, I endured the spasms until I arrived home later in the evening and applied ice.



My sister Peggy and her biggest fish



Frannie and her catch
 
One more time

Scotts catch

Three succesful angler's
Left to right, Frannie, Peggy and Scott
Missing from the picture, Cory and me, we didn't make the cut

No comments:

Post a Comment