Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Once in a Blue Moon!

Finally, after several years of waiting, I have the perfect conditions for sailing all night. My plan was to leave port at sunset and then navigate my way around the l. Bay, with all it's small keys and mangrove islands, all night long. Well, the Blue Moon and an East wind about eight Kts. made all of this possible last night.

I left the dock just as the sun was setting and sailed very late into the night, when the moon finally made it's appearance, it was like sailing under the lights. It was an awesome experience, well worth the wait. There were no close calls just pure enjoyment and a sense of accomplishment. Here are a couple short videos to give you just a little a little flavor of the sail. sorry that my camera did not pick up any of the keys I passed, especially Porjoe Key.

No comments:

Post a Comment