Friday, October 28, 2011

What draws me to the Keys...gin clear water, the Reefs, sailing waters and Palm trees that whisper in the wind at night.

I had always thought that I would retire in North Carolina, one year I found out that it was too cold there in the winter, my next stop, St. Augustine Fl., too cold there as well. I discovered what the Keys had to offer by accident. I was on a motorcycle trip one year in Nov. and kept riding South until I was warm, when I finally turned off the bike, I was in the Keys, "no brainer", I said to myself and seven years later I still enjoy what the Keys has to offer.

This week has been a settling in time, unpacking, getting the boats ready for launching Etc., all is complete and it is time to sail and fish.

Flats boat just hanging around

The Florida Bay awaits

Dry and no bottom paint

Trolling motor, necessary to move over the flats for a period of time, and put one onto the fish

Right out the back door and all around the house

Potential bombs, no parking zone

Hand grenade, a baby coconut

A salt and drought resistant plant, don't grab a hand full

No comments:

Post a Comment