Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Good Motorcycle Times In The Adirondacks

Great ride, great weather and company. Videos Galore!
 
On Friday we left for the Adirondacks, hoping that any rain that was predicted would hold off until the weekend was past. Well our hopes came true, it was a glorious weekend from start to finish. Nine hundred to a thousand miles of mountain roads through the Adirondacks; Tupper Lake, Lake Saranac, Lake Placid and Lake George were the target cities and  each one was joined by the best curvy mountainous road.
 
My Niece TC, friend Scottie, Fran and me were blessed with some of the best riding weather and motorcycle conditions you could ever wish for, each mile that we rode was better than the other.
 
 
The ladies got their wish, two hours of shopping in Lake placid before we sat down to a great lunch in one of the restaurants on Main Street. Between stopping for gas, stretching a bit and grabbing a snack the girls handled the miles just fine.
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Quite a ride. I confess my favorite part was your ride on the steam locomotive train. (But then I'm a big kid at heart). Beautiful countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sturgis ride was a good one this year, this was my tenth year making the trip ut from NJ, a little rain now and then but nothing to talk about. I believe that this might have been my last pilgrimage as I have reached the ripe old age of Seventy, maybe time to select another ride exploring this great Country. Thanks for the nice comments, BTW, the train ride is always one of my favorite things to do while in the West

    ReplyDelete