Sunday, December 8, 2013

December Seventh Sail

Great Sail Today Out To Nest Key And Beyond
 
My friend Roland and I left the harbor today at 2:30 for a sail out to one of our favorite Keys in the Everglades National Park. The wind was perfect for our course out and back, 12Kts out of the East, moderate sea and one reef to make the trip relaxing.
 
As usual, there were no other boats in sight, the Bay was ours. Heading out Roland and I split up and each took our own heading, Roland taking a more downwind course to begin with while I opted to stay on the wind. Of course, by the time we reached Nest Key we were both  dead even,  our two boats are pretty evenly matched, however, Roland does better going to windward while I dominate off the wind. It's all part of the routine, the cat and mouse game is fun and makes each sail interesting.
 
We arrived back at the dock shortly after sunset and were happy that we hooked up for another great sail. Several pictures and videos are included for your enjoyment.
 
Roland captured this photo of me aboard my Catboat PUFFIN

Add caption

Heading out to Nest Key

View from IBIS

Relaxing at the helm

Close quarters




Heading home

Sailing through Chair Cut
Close enough?
 



 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Does it get any better than this? I don't see how.
    Nice pics and videos. Was that Guy Noir drinking a Pinot Noir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandabonium, I just finished a sailing shoutout to you and K. Hope you like it.

      Delete