Thursday, October 7, 2010

LEE MARIE gets a new bow sprit

While waiting for the days to click by, I decided to add a bow sprit to LEE MARIE. It will be functional and will allow me to keep a small lunch hook at the ready. Since I am not racing her, cruising the Florida bay gives me many opportunities to anchor for lunch or on an overnight sail. Having a short bow sprit should make life a little easier when anchoring.


The way it will work is that the anchor will remain on the sprit and the anchor line will be led back to the cockpit. When I want to drop the anchor I simply pay out  rode and secure the end to a quarter cleat on the deck, at least in theory. I used to keep the anchor in the cockpit lead the line forward through a bow chock then back to the cockpit, L. Francis' method in Compleat Cruiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment