Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mojo Pork for my Cuban friends


Cuban style Pork Roast

Must have Cuban Bread


Yup, lard




Waterfront view for dinner
I had my two closest friends over for a traditional Cuban meal the other night, Boston Butt, Cuban style, Black Beans, Rice and Cuban Bread. The 8 Lb.Pork Roast was marinated for 24 Hrs.with a Mojo sauce, cooked low and slow for 8 Hrs., it was succulent and juicy, my Cuban friends were impressed. Sorry, no pictures of the plated fare, it was devoured before I could man my camera

Here is my recipe for the marinade:

With a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic to a fine paste, adding a little salt helps the process.
3 Heads of garlic mashed
2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp black pepper corns
1 1/2 cups bitter orange juice (not spoiled) type of orange
1 Cup minced onions
2 Tsp Oregano
1 Cup olive oil

Mix ingredients to make a paste, spread all over the roast, marinate for 24 Hrs.

1 comment: