Sunday, January 6, 2013

End of the day Fly-by

I was up at 4:30 am yesterday to take Frannie to Fort Lauderdale Airport. We left the house at five as planned and arrived at the airport at 6:45, dropped Frannie off and headed back to the Keys where I was greeted by another outstanding day.

I was working on one of my davits when I saw a familiar Catboat sailing out of their harbor,  instinctively, an alarm went off  and I immediately gathered some things together and went across the street,  jumped aboard Puffin and sailed out to meet the other boat. We had a great sail, the wind was about 12 Kts. and at the end of the sail I decided to do a fly-by of my friends house. As expected, he was there with his camera in hand, this is what he caught as I sailed by.

I am fortunate to have so many sailing and fishing friends down here, it really affords me a great many opportunities to completely enjoy the Keys experience. This is what I had always hoped retirement would be and you can bet your bottom dollar that I appreciate every day that I am afforded. 

Sailing into the inner harbor


Sailing to windward in about 12 Kts. of wind

With the wind from the perfect direction, I decided to do a Fly-by (sail-by) of my friend Roland's Dock

Add caption

Approaching Roland's Dock


To the Starboard is a coral reef which necessitates me to sail close to the shoreline

2 comments:

  1. Better fly by at the end of the day than fly by night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super series of pics. You have your own paparazzi it seems. :)

    ReplyDelete