Sunday, February 2, 2014

Catboat Tag

IBIS and PUFFIN playing on the Florida Bay
 
In the afternoon, I spied Roland's Catboat IBIS heading out of the Harbor, at the time I was having lunch with some friends on their balcony overlooking the Bay. They could see the look in my eyes, so they said,"go ahead we'll see you later". In a flash I was in my car driving home and in another flash I was on my boat sailing out of the Harbor.
 
After two hours and taking two separate courses we met up and had some fun playing in each others wake. It was a great day on the Bay,the conditions were perfect and the resulting sail was one for the books.
 
Here are two pictures that Roland took from his vessel, showing the proximity of the two boats, homeward bound.
 
My boat PUFFIN approaching from astern

Roland's cockpit with daughter Johanna at the helm,
I'm not far behind


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, as always. Love the reflection on the water in that first one. Cool perspective in the second. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pandabonium,
    It was a great day for a sail, and the photographer on the other boat had an eye for the dramatic. He and I sail quite often in tandem, a few overnighters as well. How did your Boat Show go?

    ReplyDelete