Sunday, May 4, 2014

Landlocked

"On The Hard"



Back in New Jersey until Fall, time to dust off the lawn mower, garden tools and the Harley. For the last six months I woke up every morning to a grand view of the Florida Bay, rode my bike seven miles by eight am, then planned my day around some type of activity on the water. There is a bit of culture shock each time I return North, more cars, sirens and higher food prices, not to mention the neighbor's dog incessant barking.

I am very fortunate to have both sides of the coin in my life, it provides me with a much needed change which helps me appreciate both worlds and not take either one for granted.

This will replace the boats until next winter, my "land barge".







5 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed to have both sides of the coin as you say. That is one beautiful motor to ride when you are not on the water.

    Play some sounds of surf on the stereo when the dog barking gets to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sounds heard while riding will probably be Bluegrass or Country, my ride this summer will be to the Great Smokey Mts. via the Blue Ridge Parkway, then NC, Tenn., West Va. and perhaps Ky. Looking forward to the trip and time on a great time machine. It is funny how the ride always offers me time for thoughtful contemplation, the same that I derive from sailing or fishing.

      Delete
    2. Nice to hear from you Pandabonium, hope all is well with you and K.

      Delete
  2. My contemplation is also on the boat, and believe it or not, the John Deere riding mower as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying that your first race is rapidly approaching, are you going to stop by for equipment?

      Delete