Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's Official! Silent Maid 1 - Kathleen O

Race fans, it's official, Silent Maid won a close race today against Kathleen! From the news that I received, the weather and wind were good at the start but diminished in the later portions of the race. Silent maid 1- Kathleen 0. Good going guys!

I got this info from the Commodore of the Wickford Yacht Club, I trust that it is reliable. I also found out that the Maid was hauled and had her bottom cleaned and centerboard opening faired before the race. Kathleen, on the other hand has been in the water since March. Additionally, my sources tell me that the dock in Newport is littered with half of the contents of the Maid, it's called lighten ship, whatever it takes.

1 comment:

  1. It's official: Kathleen 2, Silent Maid 1

    After this weekend's race @ Ayers Pond in Chatham on the Cape, Kathleen now has bragging rights & a burgi that somehow made it off Silent Maid & onto Kathleen's rig. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete