Saturday, July 31, 2010

Remembering Mike Gladysz

Friday morning, Fran and I lost a dear friend in a fatal car accident, his name is Mike Gladysz. Mike was a highly respected teacher in the Jackson school district for 16 years, a dedicated father of three children and a wonderful and caring son. Mike often visited me while in the Key's and loved to sail and fish on the Florida Bay. I, like many others, will miss his cheerful and enthusiastic manner. The photos are of mike on his very first overnight on his sailboat. We had a great sail down the Barnegat Bay, on separate boats, rafted up  at Tice's Shoal and talked about the day and adventures to come. Mike was 41 when he passed, "Rest In Peace My Friend", we will meet again.

HE WHO LIVES AND DIES,
SHALL EARN AN EVERLASTING NAME


7 comments:

  1. Sorry about Mike. Your memories will last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Baydog, Mike was a unique individual, the pictures that I chose to represent him just skim the surface of his multi faceted life. He was and is respected by his community for many thoughtful and unselfish deeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr.Best,
    Michael often shared stories about you and Fran. I know he admired you very much. My heart aches for your loss. Mike loved the time he spent with you sailing. It was one of his greatest passions. couple more years and im pretty sure he would have been six months here and sixmoths there as well. thank you for making this page. im grateful to be able to put a face behind the stories. im so happy to see mike in his true element. he was a person who came into my life and changed it forver.
    thank you
    melanie wester

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,

    Thank you for your very lovely comments, Mike was truly a fine teacher and individual, who touched many people's lives during his all too short life. However, Mike did and accomplished more in his 41 years than most people do in a lifetime. God Bless.

    Charley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I can not believe I didn't see this. He adored you and was hoping to bring me down to see you in the Keys. I needed to see this today. Thanks again Charlie!!!

    Steve Carr

    ReplyDelete