Tuesday, March 6, 2012

YIKES, ONLY 56 MORE KEYS SUNSETS...THEN HEAD NORTH FOR THE SUMMER.

It seems like yesterday that I arrived in the Keys for the winter, in reality it has been five months. Time does indeed fly, in fifty six days I will begin my journey back to New Jersey where I will spend six months there, hanging around the Barnegat Bay and Beaton Boat Works. Yard work will start in earnest the day after I arrive, fertilize the lawn, mow the grass, weed, prune and fix things that have suffered from the winter weather. I hope that since the winter was relatively mild, there won't be many weather related repairs.

In the meantime I still find time to enjoy the sunsets and marvel how they change every night. Last night was no different, as these photos depict.

Yuuyake



3 comments:

  1. Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping
    Into the future...

    Lovely yuuyake pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    I stumbled across your blog...As someone who lives in Hampton Roads, but grew up in Forked River, NJ...I wanted to tell you, Im living vicariously through you and your adventure!!!..Im 39 and am working toward a sailing retirement-ish, late 40's/ early 50's....btw I have a bit of an infliction with catboats! Im currently building a melonseed skiff, and have drooled over A-cats since I was 24" inches tall!!!! Keep the updates rolling, and fair winds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pandabonium,

    Slipping toward May when I make my pilgramage North.

    Jim,

    Catboats are wonderful little craft, perfect for these waters and retirement. By Hampton Roads I assume you mean Va., I blow by there on my way back to NJ in the Spring.
    Wishing you a great and fulfilling retirement when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete