Monday, April 11, 2011

Rolands Last Sail In The Keys Before Heading Home For The Summer! (Maine)

Meeting up with Roland for an evening sail

Navigating a narrow cut two abreast

Close formation

Setting sun

Samuel Adams Cream Stout on the windward rail
to toast the sunset

Almost below the horizon
I received an E-mail from Roland inviting me to share in his last sail before heading back home to Maine for the summer. I am glad that I had no previous plans for that evening. The plan was for Roland and I to meet at 7:00 PM and watch the sunset then enjoy a leisurely night sail for a couple of hours, as planned I met Roland at precisely 7 and after two hours of sailing got home at 9:00 sharp.

Roland, with camera in hand recorded portions of the sail, going through narrow cuts, two abreast and the sunset. There is even a picture of  me with a Samuel Adams toasting the sunset.

This has been a great winter in the Keys, lots of days for sailing and fishing. Roland probably sailed 5 out of seven days this winter, for me I divided my time between sailing and fishing, sometimes both in the same day. All things considered it has been a great winter, now back to yard work, cutting grass, cleaning the pond, and spending time at Beaton's and on the Barnegat Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment