Friday, June 10, 2011

Back To The Future!

When things were less complicated
This picture was taken about 1990, when things were different in my life. My fishing buddy, Ken Bailey was alive and healthy, I lived on my sailboat in the sumer, and I was much younger. Ah, such is life, you lose good friends, get new boats and get older.

This picture was taken on a piece of  property that was located on a trout stream,  three acres, it was a peaceful place at the time, then came the dirt bikes. Not unlike the water species, the dirt bikes were enough to drive me away from my little paridise. I guess this is what ultimately drove me to the Keys. No Jet skis or personnel water craft in the Everglades. God, I love those regulations!

As I recall, the martini was mine and all the other junk belonged to my friend Kenny and his girlfriend Patsy. Cheese and crackes was standard in those days and if my memory serves me well, a grilled rack of lamb and roasted rosemary potatoes followed.

I really miss Ken! He was the best friend a man could have. RIP Kenny, you are missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment