Monday, June 20, 2011

This Is My Land Barge

Most guys that I know have a routine of playing golf, watching football, or boating on Sunday, unlike them, I enjoy getting on my Harley and take to the back roads of NJ or Pa for a relaxing ride. Every Sunday, weather permitting, a friend of mine and/or my girfriend and I crank up our Land Barges and head for some pre - determined destination; we don't go to the beach, down the Parkway, on the Tnpk. or any other road that supplies the weekend crowd with a means for travel and a place to gather in large groups.

I have been riding a motorcycle since 1961, starting out with a 1953 Lambretta Scooter, then a Honda, to a Kawasaki, then on to my favorites, a series of Harley's. Currently, my favorite Bike is a Harley Davidson 2004 Electra Glide Classic. With 85,000 on the odometer, it is clearly the winner when it comes to long distance riding.

As my Blog title suggests, I spend a great deal of time in the Florida Keys boating, fishing and sailing every chance I get, however, as the title also suggests there is a beyond. The Biking aspect of my life is included in that beyond. Motorcycles provide a different type of interaction with others, an element of speed and of course, a little risk.

So, my Blogger reading friends, don't be too put off because you can't always find me on some boat on some waterway enjoying the liquid experience, rather ask yourself, "I wonder what today brings for the Harley riding sailor".

You have all seen my sailboats and my Fl.Flats boat, now meet my Land Barge.



2004 Electra Glide Classic

Ready for the traditional Sunday ride

Check twice for motorcycles!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful machine. Looks brand new.

    I often ride a Yamaha. But not a motorcycle - it's an electric assist bicycle. ;^)

    ReplyDelete