Saturday, January 28, 2012

Catching Permit in the Back Country

First Permit
This fish is called a Permit, resembling a Pompano but larger. They fight like a ba@#$%$d, I caught this one on light tackle so the challenge was a little greater. Great fun. I had a GoPro Hero2 camera on a head strap so I was able to record all the action, in HD video. Now, I just have to figure a way to download it to my blog. YouTube says that the file is too big, so we'll see. The file wound up being 2.5 GB. 30 minutes, I don't supose I could keep your interest for thirty minutes anyway.

Reel:  Penn Battle 3000, 20 Lb test braid, 30Lb leader
Hook was a 3/0 circle hook, reuired in the Everglades National Park

Rod:  was a  7' Medium Carrot Stix

3 comments:

  1. And do you need permission to catch Permit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just a fishing permit! Great fun on light tackle in shallow water of the Back Country. Permit are notorious for their good taste, this fish however was just too beautiful to kill.

    The final fate for this guy, released unharmed.

    ReplyDelete