Saturday, January 7, 2012

Reef Fishing Yesterday

Yesterday I took my Flats boat, along with another boat out to the reefs hoping to find some edible fish, Snapper, Spanish Mackerel Etc. Not long after we arrived at a promising location we trolled around until we found the species for which we we were looking. After three hours we headed home with a nice catch for tonight's dinner plus enough to give to some of my fish loving neighbors.

My boat, called Yellow Tail, strangely enough yellow, had two on board, a new acquaintance from Canada and me. The other boat named Shoo Fly had three aboard, Skip the owner, his daughter and Wayne, another Canadian. We had a great day chasing fish and the weather and sea conditions were perfect for our type of craft.

Meeting up with Shoo Fly
I'll take your picture,you take mine.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Yellow Tail going through Tavernier Creek

Shoo Fly, don't you bother me!

What is that in Wayne's hand...Oh, that's his pole.

Shoo Fly's crew, threw back fish they did not recognize, turns out they were highly prized reef fish.

Sun setting on a great day of reef fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment