Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Litter Of Cat....boats!

Just sharing a few pictures from a great day of sailing that four Cat Boaters had on the Bay yesterday, the water and sky had just the right contrast for nice pictures. Roland on Ibis, Rick and Mary on Sea bean, Carl aboard Katzenjammer and me sailing Lee Marie.

A one reef day although the pictures don't indicate the sea or wind conditions because we were in the lee of a Key. I don't have any pictures of the sail because we all arrived from different directions and left the same way.

We are gathering more Cat's each year, they are becoming very popular in this shallow environment. To date there are about 9 Catboats in this area.

Just arriving

Three Sanderlings and a Sand Piper

From Right to left: Lee Marie, Katzenjammer, Ibis and Sea Bean

Lunch Time
Carl (bending over) Rick, with the cooler, Roland and Mary walking up the beach.

3 comments:

  1. I find it harder and harder to understand why you even come back to NJ at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB, no litter boxes required!

    BD, I grew up on the jersey shore, I guess I'm like the Purple Martin, returning each year, one big dfference I don't like mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete