Friday, February 3, 2012

Afternoon Delight

I caught my friend Roland sailing by yesterday near sunset, he was getting in a last sail before we are assailed with rather breezy conditions for the next few days. I was scheduled to join him but an unexpected freezer melt down prevented that. Roland, like me chooses to come South for the winter to escape the brutally cold winters of Maine.

GMZ031-031530-
FLORIDA BAY INCLUDING BLACKWATER AND BUTTONWOOD SOUNDS-
431 AM EST FRI FEB 3 2012

...SMALL CRAFT SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION...
...A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR INCREASING WINDS MAY BE REQUIRED LATER
THIS MORNING...

.TODAY...EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS...INCREASING TO NEAR 20 KNOTS
DURING THE LATE MORNING HOURS. BAY WATERS CHOPPY...BECOMING ROUGH.
.TONIGHT AND SATURDAY...EAST WINDS NEAR 20 KNOTS. BAY WATERS ROUGH.
ISOLATED SHOWERS.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. BAY WATERS CHOPPY.
ISOLATED SHOWERS.
.SUNDAY...EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. BAY WATERS A
LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS.
.MONDAY AND TUESDAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. BAY WATERS A LIGHT
TO MODERATE CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

Roland and his sunset sail by



4 comments:

  1. Gonna find my baby gonna hold her tight
    gonna grab some afternoon delight

    Wow Charley, that song came out when I was in my early prime years. Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. Clouds always make for more interesting skies at sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, those prime years! I think I had them too, long time ago though, I believe that was in the Fifties and Sixties just after "the music died".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics. Clouds make for great sunsets.

    ReplyDelete