Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Night Fishing In The Conch Republic

I had my first taste of night fishing last evening, I went out with Keysmon, Capt. Dave Leahy on his boat. Although I don't have any pictures to show you the action, we caught an array of fish. Our target fish was the always, highly sought after, Snook; no luck in that department but we did put together a nice catch of large Mangrove Snapper,  Lady fish and a Jack or two.

Capt. Dave offers trips on the Fl. Bay and surrounding area to any one who would like to go out and bend a rod.  I observed that Dave is a highly knowledgeable, competent and successful fisherman and would recommend him if you ever get down to the Keys and you don't want to spend hours getting to the fishing grounds.

I hope that I will get another opportunity to evening fish with Capt. Dave before heading back to NJ.

Incidentally, there is a link in the right margin of my Blog to his fishing Blog, Keysmon. I have also included a link to his site on this post, just click on following link:  http://keysmon.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment