Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tuesday 3/22/2011 Sailing Day

Tuesday: 3/22/2011
Wind: 12 Kts ENE
Bay: Light to medium chop
Temp: 80

Today I am going to meet Roland, his wife Barbara and another couple Rick and Mary for lunch at Nest Key. Nest Key is one of two Keys in the Everglades that you can land on, camp and have a campfire, however, no pets is the rule.

I left about 10AM, Roland was scheduled to leave at 11:30 but got delayed, Barbara took responsibility for that; Rick and Mary left about the same time as I did but their distance to sail was shorter.

I took one video as I was sailing toward Nest Key, however, when we anchored and went ashore for lunch I left my camera on board. I'm a slow learner.

Enjoy the short video and I hope that you get the same sense as me, about the water color, sky and the scenery.

It was a great day for a sail, after about an hour on Nest Key, I headed back home as did Rick and Mary; Roland and Barbara are staying out two more days to take advantage of the great weather pattern we currently have.

No comments:

Post a Comment