Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cleaning up the Keys...the price that one must pay

In an attempt to clean up, preserve and improve the water quality of the Keys, a sewer project that extends from Key Largo to Key West was started last year. While I had to deal with our streets torn up, for three months, this year we have to deal with the hassle of sewer connections from the house to the street.

Now, when it comes to maintaining my property, I am a bit of a fanatic. Each day I rake the coral as if I were maintaining a Zen Garden, you can only imagine how stressed I am watching the process of connecting the sewers unfold.

Here are some pictures of a once nicely manicured coral yard. The workers say that it will be put back to it's original condition, we'll see about that. More photos to follow, after the job  is finished.

Living on a bombing range

The new connection at the house end

Street hookup

Yikes

I hope that this Coconut Palm survives

1 comment:

  1. Well Jeff(?), as my landlord puts it, "this is your home for six months and mine for six months" and as of today, the yard is almost back to original condition. Thanks for your concern though, I will not have to wait until next year to enjoy this wonderful property.

    ReplyDelete