Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fun in the Back Country

My friend David and I went into the Back Country yesterday for a little fishing , we caught a variety of fish, including Jack Crevalles, Spotted Sea Trout, Lady Fish and a couple of Sharks. Because the season for Trout is closed until January we did not bring home dinner. The Jack's and the other fish gave us fun sport and all were released unharmed.

Picture below is David with a 2 1/2 Lb Jack. No David is not Hamas, the face cloth is made from special cloth to protect you against the sun's rays.


David with Jack Crevalle, they get much larger in the Keys but no matter what the size they are fun to catch.
This is my other boat, a Mako 17 Flats Boat

4 comments:

  1. Is Jack like Amberjack? It's Japanese cousin is my favorite sashimi, Hamachi. I'd love to stop in sometime and cook what you catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only 1360 Mi.or 22 Hrs. driving time. 2 1/2 Hrs. by plane. Is that on your "Bucket List"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'd make a good team. Sandscraper catches 'em, Baydog cooks 'em, and I volunteer to eat 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it would'nt be like Mamas, maybe we could it Papa's, then we could be the Mamas and the Papas.

    ReplyDelete