Monday, August 15, 2011

New Train For Japan!

Those of you who feel sorry for Pandabonium, take note, this is the antique railway system that he has to deal with. I can see he and Kim relaxing to a wonderful Obento as they fly along the tracks. I would like to travel to Japan just to try this rail service, maybe not too far fetched!

Pandabonium, lighten up, take Kim for a ride. Perhaps go to Hakata for a Robotayaki grill, one of my favorites. I'll meet you there, dinner is on me.



I'd salute this thing too

I might even salute her as well

Tough life to be a tourist

Any body know where the toilet is?

Add caption


Personal comfort

I think that Freud would have something to say about this.


This might be a Geico commercial

Safely landed, a Lido 14 with a cockpit?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. Indeed, Charley, I've been spoiled by the public transportation in Japan. Kimie and I have taken the Shinkansen numerous times.

    I've posted about the more recent trips on my Pacific Islander blog: In 2008 we went to Hiroshima on the Nozomi 700, and last year we took the even faster Nozomi 700 "Eagle" to Osaka enroute to Koyasan in Wakayama.

    Had it not been for the 3/11 disaster, we probably would have taken the "Peregrine Falcon" which you show here on our recent trip to Hokkaido (though not first class), but took a plane instead. Ironically, perhaps, I blogged about the new train just two days before the earthquake and tsunami struck - Peregine Falcon.

    No security hassles, no waiting for baggage, the trains leave and arrive right in the city - not out in the boonies like airplanes do, no turbulence, big windows, ample legroom even in coach, etc. etc.

    Shinkansen are the "only way to fly".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the deletion - I needed to fix one of the links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the Shinkansen, when I traveled from Fukuoka to Toyko I took the Shinkansen, one of my most embarrassing moments took place on that train. But, as they say, that is another story! Hint: poor Obasan, heads up!

    ReplyDelete