Friday, February 18, 2011

Afternoon Delight

Sea Trout, picture by Skip
Yesterday, at two thirty a neighbor of mine and I snuck out to the Back Country for a couple of hours, we did very well indeed. We were supposed to go out ocean side with Wayne and Tony but in the morning Tony put us on hold because the wind on the reef was blowing about 17-19 Kts. At ten o'clock Tony and I spoke again and he and Wayne decided to go out to see if they could troll something up, personally, I am not fond of going out in seas in excess of five feet in height. They caught a large Spanish Mackerel and lost of couple of rigs for their effort, they had fun though.

John and I buzzed out to a familiar spot and we managed to hook up with some nice Sea Trout, Mackerel, and Bluefish action. John was happy with his adventure and I was pleased that he was able to finally catch some fish here in the Keys.

I would love to have had my camera on board but alas, when the time came to capture some good memories, my camera was sitting peacefully on the kitchen counter.

Florida Spotted Sea Trout Regulations: Not less than 15" or more than 20" (statewide) except one fish over 20" per person. 4 per harvester per day South Region 5 per harvester per day N.E. and N.W. Regions.


Season Closure: Nov. & Dec. S. Region / Feb. N.E. and N.W.




Our mate for the day!
SSSSShhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment