Friday, February 25, 2011

A Banner Day On The Reef! Sailfish, Little Tunny and Barracuda

Proud fisherman

Batting clean-up
Wednesday's Atlantic weather forecast called for NE winds 5-10 Kts with waves 1-3', I called my friend Tony and arrangements were quickly made for a fishing trip. We decided to fish the reef while we caught bait for Sailfish fishing later in the day. While fishing we caught yellow tail and Barracuda, 4' on light tackle, great fun.

All was good, were were catching big fish and it was time to document our catch with my camera, click, click, click ; while reviewing our recently captured images, I realized that I had forgotten to load my disk. Ugh, with great luck so far and things looking good offshore, I was totally disappointed that we could not document our day.

John's "Little Tuna" actually "Bonito"
Euthynnus Alletteratus

"Little Tunny"
Part of the mackerel family
Aha! We came to the realization that we had our trusty cell phones, each equipped with cameras, not all was lost. The following pictures were taken back at the dock, the remainder from the cell phones, will show up in a later post. I'll keep our catch a secret until then, can't wait to show you what transpired.

No comments:

Post a Comment