Friday, February 25, 2011

Back On LEE MARIE

My cousin Paul and his wife Ginny showed up on my doorstep on Wednesday, so arrangements were made to take Paul, who is an avid sailor himself out onto the Florida Bay. Thursday we set sail for an "around the block" sail that was to last about three hours, we had a great wind out of the SE and after meeting up with my friend Roland, who, by the way is always ready to take a sail, we screamed around our designated course.

Setting out

Arriving home to more company

Sunset at dinner, later that night
I called Roland before we went out and we agreed that a reef would be in order, meeting in front of his house, with one reef tucked in, I noticed that when Roland came out he was under full sail. AHHH, out came the reef and we were underway; not two minutes later I observed that  Roland had tucked in behind some mangroves to tie in a reef, hmmmm, should I do the same, Nah, Paul and I agree that this trusty little craft would be fine under the present conditions. For three hours the two craft sailed merrily along and making, I would guess, about five and a half to six Kts., we ended the journey in front of my dock and all was good. Another satisfied customer! Paul was at the helm all day and was spent by the time we arrived home, just in time for cocktail hour and a Korean beef rib,"KALBI" dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment